Whether you are a buyer or a seller it is time to get off the fence. Despite years of bad news surrounding the real estate market, the time has come when it is both a good time to be a buyer and a seller.
Here are just a few reasons why you should get off the fence and buy:
1. When investors start gobbling up real estate you know it’s a good deal. In 2011, investors upped their buying by 64%. While it is still not time to start flipping for a profit the clock is ticking down to an uptick in prices.
2. Interest rates are historically low. You have been hearing this for a while but they are hovering right around 4%.
3. First-time buyers are in a unique position. They didn’t lose money in the housing market.
4. It’s a great deal! Prices are at all-time lows. So you may be saving as much as 40% off a home if you buy now.
Here are just a few reasons why you should get off the fence and sell:
1. Inventory is shrinking. Demand is up and in certain areas and price ranges there is limited inventory so putting your home on the market now will most likely result in a sale.
2. Mortgage availability has stabilized. Mortgage restrictions are loosening and especially first-time buyers are able to get mortgages as they were not affected as much by the financial crisis.
3. Unemployment is not as bad as you think. One is 30 Americans is unemployed as a result of the recent financial crisis. There are lots of able buyers out there.
4. Houses are selling and some are even going to bidding wars. Homes that are priced according to the market are selling and selling quickly.
5. Don’t wait for prices to increase. This could be a long wait.